Friday, July 8, 2016

Challenges!

I've posted about poetry and Shakespeare. I've posted about loving when it's hard. I've posted about reading the great books and parenting.

This is my post on getting myself back.

I looked in the mirror yesterday and I didn't really like what I saw.

I am 20 pounds heavier than ever in my life. 20 pounds!! How in the world?

I told myself no today. No to being so young and not being in shape. No to not exercising. No to that sweet treat. Actually I didn't even have to say no to that last one because my body just doesn't want it. It is high time to get back to where I was years ago. I am not comparing myself to anyone other than myself. I know what size and weight I felt great at and it's not what is currently on the scale!

So, here I am taking baby steps. 10 minutes of exercise is better than nothing. Getting back in the kitchen making whole foods is time consuming but so worth it. Even telling my kids no to sugar laden "snacks".

It's happening and I'm so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment