Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Delight

"Push pause!", I called out. 
 "Come outside with me, the sky is gorgeous." 


Living in the mountains, surrounded by tall Evergreens doesn't provide the best sunsets, but we still try to take in what we can. 

One of the things I have tried to fit into our homeschooling days this year is nature study. I got us all notebooks and we really do attempt to draw what we observe, even if it's out of a book or off a computer screen.  

Tonight the sky was beckoning to be seen and enjoyed. The pinks and oranges were beautifully reflecting off the slow, wispy clouds. It changes so quickly. One minute you are in the middle of a light drenched forest, the next moment all the light has flitted past and darkness is fast approaching. 

August grabbed his notebook and colored pencils. Grace and I snapped a couple pics. The rest just took it all in through their naked eyes. 


It was a lovely few moments together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment